DaVinci Resolve is not just known for its powerful editing capabilities but also for its comprehensive features that ensure a smooth editing process. One such feature is Live Save, which automatically saves your project changes as you work, practically eliminating the risk of losing your progress due to an unexpected shutdown or crash. While Live Save is a lifesaver in many scenarios, some users may prefer to turn it off to manually control when their project is saved. Whether you’re looking to safeguard your edits or manage your project’s save points more directly, here’s how you can enable or disable the Live Save feature in DaVinci Resolve.
- Start DaVinci Resolve: Open your DaVinci Resolve application to begin the process.
- Open Preferences: Click on ‘DaVinci Resolve’ in the top left corner of the menu bar, and from the dropdown menu, select ‘Preferences’ to access the application’s global preferences.
- Navigate to User Preferences: Within the Preferences window, find and click on the ‘User’ tab to access user-specific settings.
- Access Project Save And Load Settings: In the User preferences, locate and click on ‘Project Save and Load’. This section houses settings related to how projects are saved and loaded in DaVinci Resolve.
- Toggle Live Save Option: Look for the ‘Live Save’ option. You can then choose your preferred setting:
- Off: Choose this option if you prefer to manually save your projects. This can be beneficial if you wish to have more control over save points or if you’re making experimental changes and don’t want them saved automatically.
- On: Select this option to enable Live Save, which will automatically save changes as you work. This is a precautionary feature to prevent data loss and is especially useful for ensuring that all your edits are saved in real-time.
Whether you choose to enable or disable Live Save in DaVinci Resolve, the option to customize how your project is saved adds an extra layer of personalization to your editing experience. By following these straightforward steps, you can ensure that your project saving preferences align with your workflow needs, giving you peace of mind and control over your creative projects.