Modifying the submenu border width in your WordPress website can be a key aspect of customizing its appearance and improving user navigation. If your site utilizes the Astra theme, you have the advantage of using its Header Builder to easily adjust these settings. Altering the border width of the submenu can help it stand out or blend more seamlessly with your overall site design. This guide will walk you through the process of changing the submenu border width in the Astra theme.
- Access WordPress Dashboard: First and foremost, log into your WordPress backend. This dashboard is the central hub for all your site’s administrative tasks.
- Navigate to Astra Settings: In the left-hand menu bar of your dashboard, locate and click on the ‘Astra’ option. This will lead you to the specific settings for the Astra theme.
- Enter the Theme Customizer: Within the Astra settings, find and click on the ‘Go to Customizer’ link or button. This action takes you to the WordPress Customizer, where you can make live changes to various aspects of your theme.
- Open Header Builder: In the Customizer, find and select the ‘Header Builder’ option. The Header Builder is a feature within the Astra theme that allows for detailed customization of your site’s header.
- Choose Primary Menu: Inside the Header Builder, click on the ‘Primary Menu’. This section is where you manage settings for your site’s main navigation menu, including the submenu.
- Access Design Settings: In the primary menu settings, navigate to the ‘Design’ tab. This tab houses various design-related settings for your menu.
- Adjust Submenu Border Width: Look for the ‘SUBMENU CONTAINER’ headline in the design settings. Under this section, locate the ‘Border Width’ option. Adjust this setting to change the width of the border around your submenu.
- Publish the Changes: Once you’ve set the border width to your desired preference, click on the ‘Publish’ button. This will save and apply the changes to your live website.
By adjusting the submenu border width in the Astra theme, you’ve taken a step towards customizing your WordPress site to better match your style and improve the user experience. It’s a simple yet effective way to add a personalized touch to your site. Always remember to review your changes on various devices and browsers to ensure the best visual consistency and functionality.