The ‘Scroll to Top’ button is a user-friendly feature on many websites, allowing visitors to easily return to the top of the page. In the Astra theme for WordPress, you have the option to customize the position of this button to better suit your site’s design and user experience. This guide will take you through the steps to change the ‘Scroll to Top’ button position, enhancing the functionality and aesthetics of your site.
- Accessing WordPress Backend: Begin by logging into the backend of your WordPress site. This area is essential for managing your site’s settings and content.
- Navigating to Astra Settings: In your WordPress dashboard, locate ‘Astra’ in the left-hand menu bar and click on it. This section contains the settings specific to the Astra theme.
- Entering Theme Customizer: Click on ‘Astra’, then select ‘Customizer’ or ‘Go to Customizer’. The Theme Customizer is where you can make adjustments to different aspects of your theme’s design.
- Opening Global Settings: Inside the Customizer, click on the ‘Global’ option. These settings influence the overall layout and design of your site.
- Selecting Scroll To Top Options: Go to ‘Scroll To Top’ within the Global settings. This section lets you manage the settings for the ‘Scroll to Top’ feature.
- Adjusting Position: Look for the ‘Position’ option under the Scroll To Top settings. Here, you can change the position of the ‘Scroll to Top’ button. Depending on your preference and site layout, you can choose to place it on the left or right side of the screen.
- Publishing Your Changes: After setting the desired position for the ‘Scroll to Top’ button, click ‘Publish’ to save your changes and apply them to your website.
You’ve now successfully changed the position of the ‘Scroll to Top’ button on your Astra-themed WordPress site. This customization can enhance the user experience on your site by making the button more accessible and in line with your overall design theme. Be sure to consider the layout and other elements of your site when choosing the most appropriate position for this feature.