The Death Penalty in Palworld significantly affects the consequences of character death during gameplay. This setting determines what you lose when your character dies, ranging from no penalty to losing all items and Pals. Adjusting the Death Penalty can change the level of challenge and risk in the game. Whether you’re looking for a high-stakes survival experience or a more forgiving adventure, this guide will help you change the Death Penalty setting in your Palworld game world.
- Open Palworld Main Screen: Launch Palworld. Once the main screen loads, you’re ready to customize your game settings.
- Click on Start Game: On the main screen, find and click the ‘Start Game’ button. This will display a list of your game worlds.
- Select Your World: Choose the world where you wish to adjust the Death Penalty setting. Ensure you select the correct world if you have multiple.
- Click Change World Settings: After selecting your world, click on the ‘Change World Settings’ option. This opens the settings menu for your selected world.
- Click Custom Settings: In the world settings menu, go to ‘Custom Settings’. This section contains advanced customization options, including the Death Penalty setting.
- Locate the Death Penalty Option: Find the ‘Death Penalty’ option within Custom Settings. The available choices are:
- No drops: Your character doesn’t lose any items upon death.
- Drop all items except equipment: You lose all items except for equipped gear.
- Drop all items: All items are dropped upon death.
- Drop all items and all Pals On team: The most severe penalty, where you drop all items and lose all Pals that are part of your team.
- Change the Death Penalty Setting: Choose a penalty that aligns with your desired level of gameplay challenge. This setting can drastically change your approach to risk-taking and resource management in the game.
- Click OK: Once you’ve selected your preferred Death Penalty option, click ‘OK’ to save and apply the changes to your game world.
Customizing the Death Penalty in Palworld allows you to control the stakes and challenges of your gameplay. Whether you prefer a more relaxed adventure with minimal consequences or a high-risk, high-reward experience, adjusting this setting can significantly enhance your gameplay experience.