Copper is a valuable resource in Palia that is used to craft a variety of tools and equipment, from pickaxes and axes to armor and weapons. There are two main ways to get copper in Palia: mining copper ore and crafting copper bars.
Mining Copper Ore
Copper ore is a hard, brown rock that can be found in various locations throughout the Kilima Valley. The best places to find copper ore are near cliff faces or on top of hills, as these areas tend to have a higher concentration of copper deposits. Copper ore nodes typically appear as small brown rocks sticking out of the ground.
To mine copper ore, you will need a pickaxe, which can be crafted by combining 5 stone and 2 wood at a workbench. Once you have a pickaxe, simply walk up to a copper ore node and start mining it. The node will break down after a few hits, and you will receive a certain amount of copper ore.
The amount of copper ore you receive from each node will vary depending on the size of the node. Larger nodes will yield more copper ore, while smaller nodes will give less. On average, you can expect to get 1-3 copper ore per node.
Mining Copper Ore
Once you have collected enough copper ore, you can smelt it into copper bars at your smelter. Copper bars are a more refined form of copper that can be used to craft a wider variety of tools and equipment.
To craft copper bars, you will need to purchase the Copper Bar recipe from Hodari, a merchant who can be found in the Palia Marketplace. The Copper Bar recipe is available for purchase once you have reached at least level 2 mining.
Once you have the recipe, you can craft copper bars at your smelter. There are two ways to do this:
- Manually: Place the copper ore in the smelter and wait for it to be processed into copper bars. This method is relatively slow, but it does not require any additional resources.
- Automatically: Place the copper ore in the smelter and activate the automatic smelting mode. This mode will automatically process the copper ore into copper bars as soon as the smelter is ready.
Once the copper ore has been processed, you will receive copper bars. You can then use these copper bars to craft a variety of tools and equipment.
Tips for Finding Copper:
- Look for copper ore deposits near cliff faces or on top of hills. These areas tend to have a higher concentration of copper deposits.
- Use a pickaxe to mine copper ore. You can find pickaxes at workbenches or by purchasing them from Hodari.
- Be patient: Copper ore nodes do not respawn immediately after being mined. You may need to wait a few minutes before a new node will appear.
- Explore the Kilima Valley thoroughly: Copper ore can be found in various locations throughout the valley. The more you explore, the more likely you are to find copper ore.
Tips for Crafting Copper Bars:
- Purchase the Copper Bar recipe from Hodari. The recipe is available for purchase once you have reached at least level 2 mining.
- Stack copper ore in the smelter. This will increase the efficiency of the smelting process.
- Use the automatic smelting mode. This will save you time and allow you to continue exploring while the copper ore is being processed.