A sticky header remains at the top of the page even as a user scrolls down, offering constant access to the navigation menu. This feature can significantly enhance the user experience on your website by providing easy access to your menu at all times. If you’re using the Astra theme for WordPress, enabling or disabling the sticky header feature is a straightforward process through the Header Builder. This guide will show you how to toggle the sticky header option in the Astra theme, allowing you to choose the best navigation style for your site.
- Log Into WordPress Backend: Begin by signing into your WordPress dashboard. This is where you control all the settings and content of your WordPress website.
- Access Astra Theme Settings: In your dashboard, look for the ‘Astra’ option in the left-hand menu bar. Click on it to open the settings specific to the Astra theme.
- Enter Theme Customizer: Within the Astra settings, find and click on the ‘Go to Customizer’ link or button. This will take you to the WordPress Customizer, where you can adjust various settings of your theme.
- Open Header Builder: In the WordPress Customizer, locate and select ‘Header Builder’. The Header Builder is a tool within the Astra theme that allows for detailed customization of your site’s header.
- Click on Sticky Header: Inside the Header Builder, find and click on the ‘Sticky Header’ option. This is where you can configure settings for making your header sticky.
- Adjust Sticky Header Settings: Locate the ‘Stick Primary Header’ option. Change this setting according to your preference. You will also find options for sticking the header above and below this setting, which you can adjust as needed.
- Publish Changes: After setting up your sticky header as desired, click on the ‘Publish’ button. This will save your changes and apply the sticky header feature to your live website.
Enabling or disabling the sticky header in your Astra-themed WordPress site can significantly affect how visitors interact with your site. A sticky header ensures that your navigation menu is always accessible, improving the usability of your site, especially on longer pages. Be sure to preview your changes on different devices to ensure that the sticky header functions correctly and enhances the user experience.