To enable backorder on a product in WooCommerce, follow these quick and easy steps. Firstly, log in to your WordPress backend and navigate to the Products section. Once there, find the specific product you wish to edit and hover over it to reveal an edit option. Click on edit to proceed.
Within the product editing page, find the inventory tab under the product data section and click on it. This tab contains various settings related to stock management. Locate the option titled allow backorders? which gives you two choices.
Select either the first option if you want to allow backorders for products that are out of stock but will be restocked soon or choose the second option if you want to permit backorders even for products that may not be restocked in the future.
After making your selection, remember to save your changes by clicking on the blue button labeled Save or Update. This will ensure that your product is now enabled for backordering, allowing customers to place orders for items even when they are temporarily unavailable.
Enabling backorder capabilities through WooCommerce provides greater flexibility in managing your inventory and ensures a seamless shopping experience for customers by allowing them to order out-of-stock products easily.
Enable Backorder On A Product WooCommerce Quick Step List
- Open your WordPress backend.
- Click on Products.
- Locate the product you want to edit.
- Hover over the product and the edit text will appear, then click on edit.
- From here locate the inventory tab under product data and click on it.
- Then locate the allow backorders? option and then select one of the 2 allow options.
- Click on the blue update button in the right side.