While a cart preview can be a convenient feature for an e-commerce site, there are scenarios where you might prefer to have customers directly navigate to the cart page instead. Disabling the cart preview and setting the cart click action to redirect users to the cart page can simplify the shopping process and is easily achievable in the Astra theme for WordPress. This guide will walk you through the steps to disable the cart preview in the Astra theme, ensuring a direct and straightforward shopping experience for your users.
- Log Into WordPress Backend: Start by accessing your WordPress dashboard. This area is the central hub for managing your WordPress website’s settings and content.
- Access Astra Theme Settings: In the dashboard, locate the ‘Astra’ option in the left-hand menu bar and click on it. This will open the settings specific to the Astra theme.
- Go to Theme Customizer: Within the Astra settings, find and click on the ‘Go to Customizer’ link or button. This will take you to the WordPress Customizer, where you can make live changes to your theme.
- Enter Header Builder: In the WordPress Customizer, select ‘Header Builder’. The Header Builder is a feature of the Astra theme that allows for extensive customization of your site’s header.
- Access Cart Settings: Click on ‘Cart’ within the Header Builder. Ensure that the cart module is added to your header, as the cart click action setting will not be available otherwise.
- Change Cart Click Action to Cart Page: Locate the ‘Cart Click Action’ option in the cart settings. Change this setting to ‘Cart Page’, which will disable the cart preview and instead take users directly to the cart page when they click on the cart icon.
- Publish the Changes: After setting the cart click action to redirect to the cart page, click on the ‘Publish’ button. This will save your changes and apply the new setting to your live website.
Disabling the cart preview in your Astra-themed WordPress site and redirecting users straight to the cart page can offer a more streamlined shopping experience, especially for sites that prefer a traditional cart interaction. This adjustment can help reduce distractions and focus users on completing their purchases. Always check how this change functions on various devices to ensure a seamless user experience.