Optimizing how products are sorted on your shop page can significantly enhance the shopping experience for your customers. If your website uses the Astra theme in WordPress, you can easily customize the default product sorting. This guide will take you through the steps to change the ‘Default Product Sorting’ option in the Astra theme, allowing you to organize your products in a way that aligns with your business strategy and customer preferences.
- Access WordPress Backend: Begin by logging into the backend of your WordPress website. This is generally done by adding
/wp-adminto the end of your site’s URL and entering your login credentials.
- Navigate to Astra Settings: In the WordPress dashboard, locate and click on the ‘Astra’ option in the left-hand side menu. This will take you to the Astra theme’s specific settings.
- Go to Customizer: Within the Astra settings, find and select the ‘Go to Customizer’ link or button. This opens the WordPress Customizer, where you can make visual and functional adjustments to your theme.
- Select WooCommerce: In the Customizer, look for and click on the ‘WooCommerce’ section. This area contains settings related to your online store.
- Click on Product Catalog: Within the WooCommerce settings, navigate to and click on the ‘Product Catalog’ option. Here you can manage how products are displayed in your shop.
- Adjust Default Product Sorting: Find the ‘Default Product Sorting’ option in the Product Catalog settings. This feature allows you to change the default order in which your products are displayed. Options usually include sorting by popularity, average rating, newness, price, or a custom order.
- Publish Changes: Once you’ve selected your preferred sorting method, be sure to click ‘Publish’ at the top of the Customizer. This action will save your changes and apply them to your live website.
With these steps, you have successfully customized the default product sorting on your shop page using the Astra theme for WordPress. This adjustment can lead to a more intuitive shopping experience, helping customers to easily find and browse products based on your chosen sorting criteria. Remember, you can revisit and change this setting at any time to adapt to changes in your product range or customer buying patterns.