Uppercasing heading text is a popular design choice for creating standout, impactful headers on a website. If you’re using the Astra theme on your WordPress site, adjusting your headings to appear in uppercase is a straightforward process. This guide will provide detailed steps on how to make this change, enhancing the overall look and feel of your site.
- Logging into WordPress Dashboard: Start by opening the backend of your WordPress site. This is the control panel where you manage your site’s content and settings.
- Accessing Astra Theme Settings: In the dashboard, find and click on ‘Astra’ in the left-hand menu bar. This section contains specific settings and features for the Astra theme.
- Going to the Theme Customizer: Click on ‘Astra’, and then select ‘Customizer’ or ‘Go to Customizer’. This will take you to a page where you can customize different aspects of your theme.
- Navigating to Global Settings: In the Customizer, click on the ‘Global’ option. These settings have a broad impact on your site’s appearance.
- Selecting Typography Options: Within the Global settings, find and click on ‘Typography’. This area allows you to control the fonts and text styles on your site.
- Adjusting Headings Font: In the Typography menu, look for ‘Headings Font’. This controls the font settings for all headings across your site.
- Changing to Uppercase Text: Locate the ‘Uppercase’ option, usually represented by ‘AA’. Adjust this setting to transform the text of all headings to uppercase.
- Publishing the Changes: After setting the headings to uppercase, click ‘Publish’ to save your changes and apply them to your website.
You’ve now successfully updated the heading text on your Astra-themed WordPress site to uppercase. This change can significantly enhance the visual impact of your headers, making them more prominent and engaging. It’s a simple yet effective way to add character and style to your website’s design.