Adjusting the H1 (Heading 1) font size on your WordPress site can have a significant impact on its visual hierarchy and user engagement. If your site is built using the Astra theme, customizing the H1 font size is a straightforward process. This guide will walk you through the steps to change the H1 font size, including how to set specific sizes for different devices like tablets and phones, ensuring a responsive and visually appealing design.
- Logging into WordPress Dashboard: Start by accessing the backend of your WordPress site. This is the admin area where you control all aspects of your site.
- Accessing Astra Theme Settings: In the WordPress dashboard, find and click on ‘Astra’ in the left menu bar. This is where you’ll find settings specific to the Astra theme.
- Entering Theme Customizer: Click on ‘Astra’, and then choose ‘Customizer’ or ‘Go to Customizer’. The Theme Customizer allows for comprehensive customization of your theme.
- Navigating to Global Settings: Within the Customizer, select the ‘Global’ option. These settings apply universally across your site.
- Choosing Typography Settings: Click on ‘Typography’ in the Global settings. Typography settings control the text appearance on your site.
- Adjusting H1 Font Size: Find and click on ‘H1 Font’. This option is dedicated to the font settings for H1 headings.
- Modifying Font Size: In the H1 Font settings, locate the ‘Font Size’ option. Here, you can adjust the size of your H1 headings. Next to this option is a screen icon; clicking on it allows you to set specific font sizes for different devices like tablets and phones, ensuring a consistent look across all devices.
- Publishing Changes: Once you have set the desired font size for H1, click ‘Publish’ to save your changes and update your site.
You’ve now successfully changed the H1 font size on your Astra-themed WordPress site. This modification can dramatically enhance the appearance and readability of your site, especially on various devices. Remember to test your changes across different screen sizes to ensure the best user experience.